Pages

Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Pineapple-Pear Popsicles

What's summer without popsicles?!?
I like to save the juice from canned fruit in a Pyrex measuring cup in the fridge.  (Its spout makes it quick and easy to fill the popsicle molds.)  While I occasionally end up getting our canned fruit in syrup, depending on prices and availability,  I mostly aim to get our canned fruits packed in 100% fruit juice.  This past week I opened a can of pear slices in real pear juice and a can of pineapple rings in pineapple juice to have along with a stir-fry supper.  I poured both juices into the Pyrex cup, then later poured that juice - with nothing else added - into my popsicle molds.  Over the week we eat the frozen treats and refill the molds with the rest of the juice.  So stop paying for high-fructose corn syrup soaked fruits, and don't pay for Splenda treated either.  Buy your fruits canned in 100% fruit juice, don't dump it down the drain, keep it for fantastic frozen treats!  I can't believe it took me as long as it did to start doing this...
 


No comments:

Post a Comment