Pages

Sunday, April 14, 2013

Pork Roast & Sweet Potatoes

Pork Roast & Sweet Potatoes 
(by Becky @ Becky's Place)
3-4lb pork shoulder roast*
2 small onions, peeled & quartered
2 small heads garlic, peeled & smashed
1/2 tsp pink salt
2Tbsp herbes de provence
2Tbsp rosemary
1Tbsp liquid smoke
2 large sweet potatoes, peeled and chunked, tossed with a dash of olive oil



Place roast in Dutch oven.  Add onions and garlic, salt, herbes de provence, rosemary and liquid smoke.  Cover and place in oven set to 350 for a half hour.  Reduce oven to 325.  Add sweet potatoes, cover and return to oven to continue to cook for 1hr.  Reduce heat to 300 for another 1hr & 20mns.  Remove from oven and let rest 15mns before serving.

*My roast was direct from the freezer.  You may wish to cook yours for less time if it is thawed.  Use a thermometer to test for doneness.

Drats!  I forgot to get a picture once it was completely done.  Well, it looked a lot like the second photo... just a little browner, I guess.  This was a very good combination and I'll make it again.  I was hesitant when adding the liquid smoke.  But I'm not sure it added much to the outcome, maybe a little additional saltiness.  Next time I would like to increase it to 2-3Tbsp. This fed 5 of us with leftovers for at least three more servings.

No comments:

Post a Comment