Pages

Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Chipotle Mayo Recipe

Last week I repainted our dining chairs white and recovered the seats with green burlap. Weird choice, I know, but I liked the way it looked and the price was spot on. One of our chairs is a mismatched freebie I picked up off of Craigslist and finally got around to tying it in with the others by doing a little sanding/painting/recovering. 
 

I made burgers last week and we used this mayo to top them. If you like a bit more spice, increase the chipotle powder. You may not need the bbq sauce either, but I thought it needed a touch more sweetness. I'm not normally big on mayo, but this made the burger. Of course, I made awesome beef burgers to begin with, too, and that definitely helped. I'll have to post next time I make them... so good. Oh, I also had a blop on my eggs which works, too.

Chipotle Mayo
(adapted from several on Food Network and ?)
1/2c mayo
1/4tsp chipotle powder
s&p (to taste)
juice of 1/2 lime
1/4tsp minced garlic
1tsp bbq sauce

Place all ingredients in blender cup and whir until well mixed. Sour cream would work wonderfully in place of the mayo for a "cooler" flavor.

Took a few shots of what I've been eating for breakfast. Just for fun. While I know that strawberries are a higher sugar berry than raspberries or blackberries, it's what has been on sale. My wallet dictates what I purchase.


 



 I love eggs.

1 comment:

  1. Your chairs look GREAT - I love to do crafty stuff like that.
    The mayo sounds good and I LOVE breakfast the best and all of yours look good. Those kind of look like the biscuits I made.
    Have a good one. :-)

    ReplyDelete