Pages

Monday, February 23, 2015

Easy Peasy Lower-Carb Almond Butter Cookies

I don't recall what brand of peanut butter this recipe originated from. I only recall it was a 3 ingredient recipe that included one cup of peanut butter, one cup of sugar and one egg and that my sister made them some time long ago when we were children to home. While looking over some of these simple pb cookie recipes, it occurred to me that it could be redone easily as a lower-carb treat. I noticed some recipes included baking soda, too, which I hoped would give it a bit more "rise". So this is a bit of a cross of several that I looked at. You certainly could make these even lower carb by omitting the chocolate or using your favorite sugar free chocolate for the chips. However, about 5-6 dark chocolate chips per cookie seemed perfect for me! Yum!


Almond Butter Cookies
(made 14 with a small 1-1 1/2" scoop)
1 egg
1 tsp baking soda
1/3 c xylitol
1 c almond butter
handful dark chocolate chips

Mix all ingredients except chocolate chips. Refrigerate while oven heats to 350. Then scoop onto lined pan (I use silpats) and press about 5-6 chocolate chips onto each and gently press to flatten cookie slightly. Bake 8-10mns.

No comments:

Post a Comment