Pages

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Berry-Kissed Muffins

Yummy addition to breakfast or snack-time. I experimented with another muffin recipe to come up with this sweet & lightly flavored muffin a couple of days ago:















Berry-Kissed Muffins

1 - 3/4 c flour
1 c sugar
2 - 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp baking soda

1 egg

1/4 c milk (I used 1%.)

6 oz low-fat blackberry yogurt

1 T homemade vanilla

6 T butter, melted & cooled to room temp


Preheat oven to 400. Prep muffin pan. Mix first 4 ingredients in bowl. In another bowl, mix remaining ingredients well. Then add the wet to the dry ingredients, combining just until all's moistened. Scoop into muffin pan. Bake 15 mns.

*Notes: I use paper muffin liners, then spray lightly with oil. I also use an ice cream scoop to scoop my muffin batter into the liners, which gives me 10 muffins total rather than a dozen. Additionally, I have found my oven to be a little too hot, so I actually had mine set at between 375 and 400.

1 comment: