Pages

Sunday, September 11, 2011

Day 6 of Belly-Fat Cure... and Ice Cream recipe!

Breakfast> scrambled egg with cheese and ham, 1 slice Ezekial toast with peanut butter, tea (s/c=3/2)
Lunch> skipped, breakfast was late
Snacks> 1 deli chicken wing drummie
Supper> leftover raviolis & meatballs, 3/4c coleslaw made with almond milk and xylitol (s/c=7/4)
Total s/c for today - 10/6

While I won't be able to eat any today because I'm at my carb limit, I made some sugar-free ice cream.  I adapted the recipe that's in the Belly-Fat Cure book.

Vanilla Ice Cream
1 & 1/2 cups unsweetened vanilla almond milk
7 tsp. xylitol granules
2 & 1/2c heavy whipping cream
1 Tbs vanilla (I used homemade.)


Whisk all until xylitol has dissolved.  Pour into ice cream machine according to directions of machine.  My machine had ready ice cream in about 15 mns.  I did lick the spoon after transferring the soft serve ice cream to a freezer safe container - it was pretty darn yummy.  Not as good as what I usually would have, but a fine substitute.  In the book, a 1/2c serving has an s/c value of 0/0.  Holy cow!  I thought it was 0/1 so planned to not have any tonight.  Yay!

Now, I know the picture above is not real pretty.  This ice cream has a sort of "dry" texture that made it crumble when I was scooping it into the bowl.  But the texture is dreamy creamy when eating it, and that's what counts.  I can't wait to try more flavors!

No comments:

Post a Comment