Pages

Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Going to try Jorge Cruise's Belly-Fat Cure Diet... for real this time!

Alright, I finally got serious about losing weight and (keeping my fingers tightly crossed here) doing something about PCOS symptoms.  I've had Jorge Cruise's book for a little while now and made a tiny effort in that I bought some Spry gum and Xylitol and have used them now and then.  That, of course, doesn't work.  It's full-out or forget it.  So the other day I went to the store and bought myself some cheese, nuts and Ezekial bread so I could get started today, which happened to also be the first day of school, hence it was my first day back to work, too, as I'm a lunch lady.

I wasn't going to blog about it until I got a couple of weeks into it.  But what the heck, I'll live dangerously.  I'm going to journal what I eat and see if this accountability keeps me on target.  Not noted below, I drink water throughout the day and will mention any other drinks.  The goal is to remain at or below a sugar/carb ratio of 15grams/6servings for each day.

Breakfast> 2 fried eggs, 1 slice Ezekial bread with butter and colby cheese, mug of chamomile tea  (s/c=0/1)
Lunch> 2c lettuce salad w/ 2Tbsp diced egg / 2Tbsp shredded cheddar / 3Tbsp diced chicken patty, 1/4c cottage cheese (s/c= 1/1)
Snacks> 1 tootsie roll midgee, glass kool-aid sweetened with xylitol, 1/4c macadamia nuts, mug of red tea with vanilla (s/c=4/0)
Supper> beef roast, 1/2c potatoes, 1/2c carrots, 1/4c cottage cheese on 1 lettuce leaf, 1 mini dill pickle, glass kool-aid sweetened with xylitol (s/c=5/2)
Total s/c for the day - 10/4

The tootsie smidgee was a total thoughtless habit... I went to the credit union after work where they always have had a candy dish at each cashier and where I've always reached up and grabbed one.  I even said to the cashier that the tootsie felt hot in my mouth, like spicy hot.  Never thought anything of it until I left and had driven a couple of blocks away.  Then it hit me - I totally just ate sugar!  Fortunately it was tiny and I haven't ate near the limited amount of sugar allowed.  Old habits die hard.

No comments:

Post a Comment