Pages

Monday, November 21, 2011

Day 76, 77 & Tuna Sandwich Recipe!

Grr.  Evidently I am PMS'ing.  I've been hungry, hungry, hungry.  I want fruit like mad!  And chocolate!  I'm annoyed with myself because I ate that piece of Lindt chocolate with reckless abandon.  It's a bit early yet, but thought I'd post now to head off any later snacking.  (Note to self: Didn't work.  Son made popcorn and I couldn't stop myself...)












Tempting Tuna Sandwich
pg175 of The Belly Fat Cure by Jorge Cruise
2 (6oz) cans albacore tuna
4 Tbsp mayo
2 Tbsp Dijon mustard
2 Tbsp Heinz Dill Relish
2 tsp onion powder
S&P to taste
8 slices Ezekial
4 slices cheese of your choice
2 hard boiled eggs, sliced
1c spinach


Thoroughly combine the first 6 ingredients in a bowl.  Lay out 2 slices of bread per sandwich.  Build sandwiches by spreading the tuna mixture over the bottom slice of bread, then layering with cheese, sliced egg, spinach, and the top slice of bread.  Serve.  


*Made as directed, this has an s/c value of 1/2 according to the book.  I didn't use onion powder (had none) and I mistakenly gave everyone an entire egg to slice on to their sandwich.  But come on!  If you look at the picture in the book, there's no way that someone would get that many slices off of half an egg.

Breakfast> 1 fried egg, 4 pork sausage links, peppermint mocha coffee (s/c=2/0)
Snacks> shelled peanuts, popcorn, spearmint tea (s/c=1/2)
Lunch> 1c creamy wild rice soup, cottage cheese with bite size peach slice (s/c=5/1) 
Supper> Tempting Tuna Sandwich, cottage cheese, half slice pineapple ring (s/c=4/2)
Total s/c for today - 12/5

Sunday, Oct.20
Breakfast> scrambled eggs w/Spam & cheese, 1/4c blackberries, coffee, pumpkin bar (s/c=5/2)
Lunch> leftover artichoke chicken (s/c=1/1)
Snacks> hot chocolate, 1 Lindt dark choc. square w/pb (s/c=6/2)
Supper> Dreamfields pasta and meat sauce, asparagus, small salad (s/c=5/2)
Total s/c for today - 17/7

No comments:

Post a Comment