Pages

Sunday, June 10, 2012

All right. I tried them.

 This is the "before" shot of fresh kale rubbed good with olive oil and a sprinkling of salt.

This is the "after" shot of the kale after it was baked.  Yes, some got a little overdone.
  
Recipes abound on the internet for Kale Chips.  I've come across them on nearly every low-carb blog or forum that I visit.  They're suggested as a sub to appease your potato chip cravings by some.  I would not go that far.  They're nothing like a potato chip.  I'm not a huge fan of cooked spinach and that's what I thought of as soon as I had my first taste, and the texture... I don't know what to compare it to.  Yes, it is dry and crispy.  But I did not like how it broke down almost instantly in my mouth like a mouthful of dried parsley flakes.  Unfortunately my veggie loving daughter didn't even like these and I ended up dumping it all into the compost bucket.  Of course, to each his own.  They're worth a try as everyone's tastes are not the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment