Pages

Sunday, September 2, 2012

Coconut Flour Biscuit

Wed., Aug.29, 2012
Breakfast> 2 slices Ezekial w/pb & jam, coffee w/h&h and sweetener
Lunch> 1 chicken leg & 1 chicken wing
Supper> bunless grilled burger, tomato & mozzarella slices, cauliflower "potato" salad, cottage cheese
Snacks> 1... 4 Salted Nut Roll Bars, Culvers Lemon Ice & Strawberry Smoothie

S/C value?  I'm not even going to bother to try to figure this one out.

Thurs., Aug.30, 2012
B> 1/2 coconut flour biscuit, sausage, egg, strawberries, coffee w/h&h & xylitol  5/2
L> bunless burger, tomato & mozzarella, cauliflower "potato" salad  2/1
S> canned chicken rice soup 2/1
Snacks> 1 choc. mint bar sweetened with malitol, buttered popcorn  0/2
s/c=9/6

Friday, Aug.31, 2012
B> 2 fried eggs on 1 slice garden tomato w/mozzarella  0/1
L> 1/4c coleslaw, 1/4c shredded pork
S> t-bone steak, steak sauce, Alexa's Potatoes & Mediterranean Style Veggies toss  4/2
Snacks> few nuts, sf mocha coffee, tiny apple w/pb, few sips of a regular rootbeer float (maybe 1/4c?)
s/c=?

Lunch was catered at the college where we brought the daughter, A, today.  This is where the rootbeer floats were floating around so abundantly and you can only pass it up so many times...  Guilt set in and I gave the last bit to the husband, J.  I hate to have to say this, but it was just as good as I thought it would be.  Don't have any idea how much sugar and carbs were in these things.  I'm sure the float sent me well over.

Saturday, Sept.1, 2012
B> 1/2 coconut flour biscuit, butter & jam, coffee w/h&h and xylitol
L> small cup of coleslaw and beef pot roast @ Culver's
S> 1 & 1/2 bratwurst, tomato & mozzarella, 2T(?)sweet potato
Snacks> regular York ice cream patty, 2 salted nut roll bars, glass of milk
s/c=?

Again, no point in bothering to total it up for the day.  I lost control when I ate something that I didn't make sure would keep me on diet - the coleslaw at Culver's.  I assumed it was a lower-carb option.  Well, y'all know what happens when you assume.  When I was over 3/4 of the way done I picked up the nutritional info brochure the boy at the counter had just given to me (at my request) only to discover that a serving of their slaw has 34g of sugar.  Yes.  34!  Afterwards I thought I could just carry on and eat well the rest of the day, which I did at supper.  Then the nut roll bars that are left in the fridge called to me as I was putting away leftovers from supper.  Of course, I cannot have a sweet treat without a glass of milk either.  My reasoning was that poor excuse of, "Well, Culver's already blew it for me for today."  Which, of course, wasn't really Culver's fault that I didn't look at the brochure before ordering.  Wow.  The past four days have mostly been bad, bad, bad.  The rest of the bars are going with J to work in the morning.



Coconut Flour Biscuit
(adapted from Dottie on LCF)
2 T coconut flour
1 large egg
1/2 tsp baking powder
3 T half&half
1 tsp butter

Melt butter in microwaveable container.  (I use about a 4" diameter ceramic chili bowl.) Only heat until melted so it doesn't scramble your egg or let it sit to cool.  Add the remaining ingredients to the same bowl.  Mix well.  Microwave approximately 1 & 1/2mns, checking after 1mn for doneness.  Add time in 15-20 second intervals if necessary until dry on top.  Don't overcook, it tastes no-good when that happens.  Just invert over serving plate and it will drop out, or run knife around the edge first to loosen.  Using a fork, split in half.  Top with butter & jam, use as bread for a breakfast sandwich, or enjoy open face with sausage gravy.  The person who posted it figured it to have 10g carbs for the whole biscuit.

*When done, I like to cut in half and have enough for 2 days.  I toss 1/2 into the fry pan after my egg is done to warm it.  

No comments:

Post a Comment