Pages

Saturday, September 15, 2012

Glade Expressions Product Review




I received an offer to try the new Glade Expressions products through BzzAgent recently.  It took a few tries in a couple different stores to get a hold of the items using the coupons that they'd sent.  (Either a whole lot of people got the same offer or it's just that popular already?)  I had previously purchased two starter kits shortly prior to this campaign.  One was the Mist Starter Kit in Pineapple & Mangosteen scent and the other was the Mist Starter Kit in Fuji Apple & Cardamom Spice scent.  With the coupons that BzzAgent sent I chose a Mist Starter Kit in Cotton & Italian Mandarin and an Oil Diffuser Kit in Lavender & Juniper Berry.

I have now smelled all four scents that Glade currently offers in this line.  While they all smell good, it's a toss up for me whether the Lavender & Juniper Berry or the Cotton & Italian Mandarin is my favorite.  I'm leaning towards the Lavender & Juniper Berry.  However, this was the Oil Diffuser product and that may make all the difference, meaning, it may be more subtle when compared to a mister.  My daughter, A, likes fall time scents when choosing candles or other room scenting products.  So she took the Fuji Apple & Cardamom Spice mister back to her school dorm.

To be honest, I'm having a difficult time in figuring out what makes this product line improved over the current products offered.  The refillable Mist Starter holder does blend in well in whatever room you may leave it.  So, for instance, it's not so noticeable sitting on your bathroom counter.  Does the scent last longer than other similar products?  I'm not so sure.  It seems to last equally as long as other products.  But the scents seem less "fake" and less cloying to my nose than other comparable items on the market.  The difficulty that arises for me is the fact that it is sold as a refillable kit and refill bottles.  How is it a benefit over a regular bottle of spray?  I cannot see the difference.  Cost wise?  No, as the refills are more expensive than some other brands of room sprays.  Less waste due to smaller or better packaging?  Again, I just don't see it.

As for the Oil Diffuser, I love the fact that I don't have to plug it into an outlet and I don't have to use batteries.  It's also neutrally decorative, or rather, it's pretty in a subtle way.  I cannot comment on whether or not it is a good buy yet, though it says on the back of the package that it has "30 days of long-lasting fragrance".  It's only been one day so that remains to be seen.  I do love the lightness of the scent while in the room that the diffuser is in and out in the hallway before entering the room.  It's not obtrusive at all, just very pleasant.  But like the mist refillable bottle, I don't see the benefit of its being refillable if the cost of the refills are still so high and the amount of materials are comparable to non-refillable items.

I enjoy the scents greatly and find both items eye-appealing.  Though I would like to see improvement in the refills' costs and packaging.


No comments:

Post a Comment