Pages

Sunday, October 28, 2012

No-Bake Chewy Gooey Pecan Bars


I had come across recipes for no-bake peanut butter cookies and ended up making a batch for my family... the regular type with sugar.  I got to thinking that I could probably make something similar for myself without all of that sugar.  With all the nuts and the oats that are in the recipe, I don't think I can call them low-carb.  But I could certainly call them much-reduced carb!  In the end, they are nothing like the no-bake cookies that I was used to.  But they are definitely yummy.  If you are looking for sweet and sticky, these fit the bill.  I imagine that they would be extra delicious if rolled into balls and then dipped into some dark chocolate...  I cut mine into 24 bite-sized cubes (well, technically I get several bites out of each).


No-Bake Pecan Bars
(adapted from a plethora of no-bake cookie recipes)
1c oats
1/4c chia seeds
1/4c coconut flour
1/2c xylitol
1/4c stevia
6 packets Nectresse
1/2c pecan butter
1/4c half & half
2Tbsp butter
1 tsp vanilla
1/4c pecan pieces
1/4c unsweetened coconut flakes

Place butter, sweeteners and h&h in a pot and heat to boiling, stirring regularly.  Let boil for about one minute so sweeteners dissolve completely, continuing to stir.  Remove from heat.  Stir in pecan butter and vanilla and stir until pecan butter's melted.  Stir in oats, chia seeds and coconut flour.  Last, add pecan pieces and coconut flakes.  Pour and pat into a buttered bread baking pan.  Let cool, then cut.  Store in refrigerator. 

No comments:

Post a Comment