Pages

Friday, January 4, 2013

Tried a new muffin recipe - Super Yummo!

A couple of days ago I finally tried making a muffin recipe that sounded absolutely wonderful from Caroline, on her blog, All Day I Dream About Food.  I did make a couple of minor tweaks.  The recipe posted is as Caroline makes hers and I've just added my adjustments at the end.  Aside from sticking a little to the liners (which we can fix by using silicone cups next go round), they are absolutely wonderful!



Chocolate Pecan Pie Muffins
(from All Day I Dream About Food)
3/4c Swerve Sweetener or granulated erythritol*
1c almond flour**
1c pecans, coarsely chopped
pinch salt***
1/2c butter, softened
2 large eggs, at room temp
1T molasses (optional)****
2.5oz 90%cacao chocolate, chopped, gluten-free if possible*****

Heat oven to 325 and line 12 muffin cups with liners.  In medium bowl, whisk together granulated erythritol, almond flour and salt.  In another bowl, beat butter, eggs and molasses together until smooth.  Stir in dry mixture just until combined.  Stir in chopped pecans and chocolate.  Divide batter into muffin cups.  Bake 26-28mns.  Let cool in pan.  Makes 12.  Each muffin has 5g carbs and 1.7g fiber.

*I used 1/2c Xylitol and 1/4c Stevia In The Raw.
**I added an additional 1T of coconut flour when adding the almond flour.
***I omitted the salt.
****I added an additional 4T of Half & Half when adding the molasses.
*****I used 1/4c Hershey's Dark Chocolate Chips.

So my reasons for the changes, in order made, are merely because I prefer the sweeteners that I used, I didn't think the batter looked "bulky" enough to give me a full dozen, I don't usually add salt to baked goods, I needed the extra moisture since I added coconut flour, and the chocolate chips are what I have in the freezer.

1/3/13 - Dad went to oncologist.  Apparently all looks okay and they don't want to see him again until May. 

1 comment: