Pages

Thursday, February 11, 2010

Sledding!


We spent this past Saturday evening at a ski hill. They'd blocked off a couple of hours for sledders to use a couple of the hills...OMG...For free! That's my daughter in pink and my son in yellow at the top. My daughter had a great wipe-out (no damage, thankfully) that garnered some hoots and applause!

Then on Sunday we went to a friend's home for supper and the Super Bowl. There was homemade and frozen pizzas, mini-tacos, veggies, hot wings, coleslaw, drinks... and I experimented and made a recipe I'd come across in Family Circle magazine, slightly altered. They were fairly good, though, I must admit, I am not real fond of brie cheese. Next time I'd use cheddar.

Apple & Brie Quesadillas
8 medium sized flour tortillas
3-4 apples, peeled & cored & sliced (Recipe called for Granny Smith. Use what you like. I had Macintosh on hand already.)
1/2 pkg. bacon, fried and crumbled
4 oz. brie cheese

Lay four tortillas out on un-greased baking sheets. Melt about a tablespoon of butter in skillet. Add apples and saute for just a minute, add bacon and mix. Turn off heat. Evenly distribute apple and bacon on the tortillas. Cut brie into bits and spread evenly over apple & bacon mix. Cover each tortilla with remaining tortillas. Place in oven at 400, heat 5 mns, turn them over, and heat for 5 mns more.

No comments:

Post a Comment