Pages

Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Birthday Cupcakes & Favors


I made my daughter these bright treats for her 16th birthday that she celebrated with her couple closest friends. I made a white cake batter, flavored with melted white chocolate chips, then separated it into three bowls. I tinted each with a gel coloring; orange, aqua and purple. Then marbled them in each cupcake liner in the pans. The frosting was a basic buttercream (butter, vanilla, powder sugar and milk) that I also flavored with melted white chocolate chips. Again, I divided the frosting into bowls and tinted with more gel coloring. A friend helped frost these as she had some piping tips. The clear plastic cupcake trays were bought from Cub Foods' bakery department at a dollar each. I already had the yellow sticker labels, so just ran them through my printer using a cute font that seemed fitting. Aren't they adorable?


I also wanted to post a photo or two of the party favors. We decided to buy a couple mini hatbox style giftboxes rather than using tulle or plastic to contain them so that the teacups would be protected from bumps and breakage. We put in those creamy pastel mints, an organic chocolate bar, organic tea, maple sugar candy and thin, crisp sugar cookies.

No comments:

Post a Comment