Pages

Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Awesome Cookie!

I came across this recipe in a Taste of Home cookbook that my son brought home from school. How cute is it that he thought I'd like to make cookies for Christmas using it? I didn't follow the recipe to a "T" and will put any of those changes at the end of the recipe.

Toffee Almond Sandies
1 c. butter, softened
1 c. vegetable oil
1 c. sugar
1 c. powdered sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp. almond extract
4 & 1/2 c. flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. cream of tartar
1 tsp. salt
2 c. sliced almonds
1 pkg. (7.5-10 oz) toffee bits

Cream butter, oil and sugars. Then beat in eggs and almond extract. Combine dry ingredients in another bowl. Gradually add to butter mixture. Stir in almonds and toffee bits. Drop by spoonful onto an ungreased cookie sheet. Bake at 350 for 10-12 mns.

*Changes I made - I don't add salt to cookie recipes, so it was omitted. I also only used about a quarter tsp. of cream of tartar as I ran out. So I then made up the difference with baking powder and baking soda mixed, roughly 50/50. I had two packages of sliced almonds that were less than what the recipe called for, which was 1 & 1/3 cups. It was plenty. For the toffee bits I used a bag of Heath bits (don't know the size) that was sold in the chocolate chips section at the grocery store. Regardless of those changes, these turned out awesome! Shared with co-workers and will be bringing the recipe as they all requested. Yummo!

2 comments:

  1. Yum! These sound like something I'd love!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yikes - I didn't realize anyone actually knew my blog existed. I've been trying to build up a little content before sharing much. Thanks for dropping by!

    ReplyDelete