Pages

Sunday, January 2, 2011

Butter Rum Bundt Cake

This is actually a photo from Christmas morning. It was my breakfast. The coffee was leftover from the night before that my sister-in-law bought for me. A cup of sugar-laden coffee shop coffee lasts me nearly 24 hours, I kid not.

Well. Now maybe I should worry about this alcohol kick I look like I am on... This post is actually to showcase that lovely slice of rum cake. I found a recipe on Lick The Bowl Good that I ended up having to adapt. To see the original, please visit her (Monica, by the way) beautiful blog: http://lickthebowlgood.blogspot.com/2010/12/think-harder-rum-cake.html

I made just a couple of adjustments to accommodate what ingredients I had on hand:
I switched out the vanilla instant pudding by using a box of butterscotch instant pudding. I also only had clear rum, where the recipe calls for dark. In addition to using light rum, I also was short on it when making the glaze by about 1/4 cup. It turned out wonderfully moist and... yummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment