Pages

Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Day 9 on Belly-Fat Cure

Breakfast> 1 egg, 1 slice canadian bacon, Ezekial toast with peanut butter and jam, coffee (s/c=3/2)
Lunch> small salad with 2 slices turkey breast and 1slice cheese, pickles, cottage cheese (s/c=1/0)
Snacks> 1/4c macadamia nuts, 1/4c raspberries, 1pc Best Brownies Remake (recipe follows) (s/c=4/1)
Supper> 2 pork chops, 1/2c strawberries, 1/4c cottage cheese (s/c=4/1)
Total s/c for today - 12/4

I know breakfast looks a bit much today.  But I also know that when I'd had just the toast with peanut butter I felt hungry long before lunch.  It may have been coincidental with where I was at in my menstrual cycle (which has been MIA) for all I know.  It could have been that it just wasn't enough that day.  Who knows?

I'm feeling a bit shameful for having that second pork chop.  It certainly wasn't necessary and I barely could finish it anyway.  Grr.  Habit.  I need to learn that just because it tastes good does not mean that I should indulge in more.  And the berries?  Well... I have no other reasons (i.e. excuses) other than I just plain love them!  Yeah, they have plenty of natural sugar in them.  Yeah, they are so worth it.

Before bed last night I thought I would experiment in the kitchen.  I'd recently bought a bag of coconut flour, which I'd learned has a much lower carb count than regular white flour.  I thought back to one of my first posts where I'd wondered what to do with Xylitol and had thought about making brownies.  While there is a brownies recipe in the Belly-Fat Cure book, it called for a liquid sweetener that I don't have available (plus it's expensive).  Then I got to thinking that maybe I could use a standard brownie recipe and just swap ingredients out.  Which is what I did with my Best Brownies recipe.  I'll post the original as well as the remake.

Best Brownies
1/2c butter
1/2c cocoa
1c sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla
1/2c flour
1/2c nuts (optional, of course)

Set oven to 350 and grease 8x8 pan.  Melt butter in saucepan, remove from heat, add cocoa.  Blend well.  Add sugar and mix well.  Add eggs one at a time and beat in well.  Stir in vanilla and flour.  Do not overbeat.  Fold in nuts, if using.  Bake 25-30mns.

 





Best Brownies Remake
1/2c butter
1/2c cocoa
1c xylitol
3 eggs
1 tsp vanilla
1/2c coconut flour
1/2c nuts (optional)

Set oven to 350 and grease 8x8 pan.  Melt butter in saucepan, remove from heat, add cocoa.  Blend well.  Add xylitol and mix well.  Add eggs one at a time and beat in well.  Stir in vanilla and coconut flour.  Mix until all coconut flour lumps are smashed.  Fold in nuts, if using.  Bake 25-30mns.

No comments:

Post a Comment