Pages

Thursday, October 13, 2011

Day 38 BFC & Pumpkin Pie Shake recipe!

Today I decided to bring the Pumpkin Spice flavor of Green Mountain Coffee that was provided to me in my Bzz kit, along with a coupon for each of the ladies that I work with.  Learn more about Green Mountain Coffee here.

To kill two birds with one stone, I am also bringing them each a sample of Burt's Bees Natural Skin Solutions Sensitive daily moisturizing cream that has a $1 off coupon attached.  I'm excited to see how they like the coffee and look forward to hearing reactions after they've tried the moisturizing cream.  I hope they like it as much as I do.

Although the skin products are fragrance free, this cream has the tiniest scent of... I'm not sure how to describe it other than as a light licorice scent.  I love it, but being fragrance free, it dissipates very quickly.  My skin's been very soft and those dry reddish patches that I typically get around my mouth and nose are unnoticeable since I've been using the Burt's Bees Natural Skin Solutions Sensitive daily moisturizer.

Breakfast> fried eggs, Spam, coffee w/cream & stevia (s/c=0/0)
Snacks> few almonds, Pumpkin Pie Shake (s/c=3/2)
Lunch> pork riblet, cottage cheese, pickles, 1/8c whole wheat pasta salad (s/c=2/1)
Supper> 2pcs. grilled chicken, SoBe Lifewater (s/c=0/1)
Total s/c for today - 5/4

?Not sure how to count the pasta salad that I had at work.  It was about 2-3 bites worth, had one broccoli floret, 1 sliced olive ring, and several pepperoni slices in it.  So the total s/c for lunch was a bit of a guess.?
Here is the recipe for my pumpkin shake:

Pumpkin Pie Shake
2c ice cubes
1 scoop Jay Robb vanilla whey protein powder
1/4c canned pumpkin (not pie filling, of course)
2Tbsp half&half
2Tbsp heavy cream
3/4c unsweetened almond milk
1 packet stevia sweetener
1/2tsp cinnamon
1/4tsp Chinese five spice powder

Blend all in blender.

This made a bit more than what fit in my glass.(Well, my son's glass...)But you could easily cut back on the ice to reduce the size and to strengthen the flavor a bit.  Just a note, too, I use Penzey's cinnamon and five spice.  According to my calculations this is equal to 2sugars/1carb serving.

Weight: 195lbs
I also wanted to make some note of PCOS symptoms.  While I haven't done this long enough to be sure... I think this little weight loss that I've had so far may have kick-started my menstrual cycle... I say may because with PCOS it's all abnormal or irregular.  While this may be too much info, (WARNING : DUDE, READ NO FURTHER!) the bleeding is actually more like it was when I was younger.  You know, normal like.  I was even overheard saying, "What a pretty bright red!" by family members.  The darkened spotty skin on my shins and below my underarms seems to be gone, or at least, I can't see it much anymore.  The scaliness, which runs up my spine, while not completely gone, is much less noticeable.  As it is between my underarms and (YES, I'M GOING TO SAY IT...) boobs!  However, the two symptoms that bother me the most have not appeared to have changed at all.  I'm still balding on my head and sporting a five o'clock shadow if I forget to shave/pluck...  Oh, and I haven't experienced heart palpitations for about a month.

No comments:

Post a Comment