Pages

Saturday, September 22, 2012

Snack Pack Bakery Shop Review

My young teen son, D, is contributing to this review.  We are running behind with getting this up, so my apologies. 
















Recently I signed up with The Dish - First Look, First Taste program by ConAgra Foods.  This was our first offer to try a product.  While I avoid sugar, my family does not.  I realize this is the case for many people following a different style of eating.  I don't often purchase pre-made treats or snacks, but have bought the regular Snack Packs on occasion.

Since trying the Bakery Shop pudding we have gone to the store and picked up the Banana Cream Pie flavor, per my husband's desire.  When he came home from work, the day I received the Lemon Meringue Pie sample, he took out a pudding cup from the refrigerator.  At that point I had already removed the cardboard packaging.  He assumed it was Banana Cream Pie.  So he was not thrilled.  However, both our college age daughter and teen son really enjoyed them.

I couldn't do a review without actually trying it myself, of course.  So I did have one bite.  It was scrumptious.  Loved the tartness and tang!  As a matter of fact, I so loved it that I had to email the contact person for this program to ask if there would be a sugar-free version in the works, too.  Sadly, the answer was "no".  Too bad.

Portion size is a bit small for an adult or teen, in our opinions.  Especially for a teen boy in football.  D had his gone in seconds and required a second cup.  Though I can see that serving this along with a sack lunch or as a dessert at the end of the meal would be ideal.  I just wouldn't recommend it as a snack all on its own and expect anyone to be satisfied with one cup with the exception of a young child.

For more info, including nutritional information, go here: Snack Pack

No comments:

Post a Comment